Updated 25 October 2021 v1
At Highveld Versatile Hunting Dog Club, we respect your privacy and take the protection of personal data/information very seriously. We do not sell, rent, trade, or unnecessarily share the personally identifiable information (“personal information”) you supply to us with any other organisation.
As part of our Club operation, we gather certain types of personal information from users of our commercial website, online assessment portals, surveys, administratively and for various Highveld Versatile Hunting Dog Club activities, operations, and Club purposes. The purpose of this policy is to describe how we collect, store, use, and protect data that can be associated with you or another specific natural or juristic person and can be used to identify you or that person (personal data/information).
This policy applies to you if you are:
- a visitor to our website,
- a member of the Highveld Versatile Hunting Dog Club,
- a competitor, testees, attendee, guest, judge, steward and auxiliary assistant to our events
- a prospect who contacts us by phone or email,
- a customer who has ordered the goods and services that we provide,
- a subscriber to our marketing communications and social media pages.
3.1. Acceptance Required
You accept all the terms of this policy when you contact us through:
- our website,
- all other communication channels; or by
- placing an order or using any of our goods or services,
- register on any of our Online Properties.
You may not order or use any of our goods, services, or Online Properties if you do not accept this policy.
3.2. Legal Capacity
You may not order our goods or services or use any of our other offerings if you are younger than 18 years old or do not have the legal capacity to conclude legally binding contracts.
3.3. Deemed Acceptance
By accepting this policy, you are deemed to have read, understood, accepted, and agreed to be bound by all of its terms.
3.4. Data Send
You may only send us your own personal data/information or the personal data/information of another data subject where you have their permission to do so.
4. PERSONAL DATA AND INFORMATION
Highveld Versatile Hunting Dog Club is an affiliated field trial club with the Kennel Union of South Africa (KUSA). The Club welcomes memberships from owners of versatile hunting dogs; wishing to participate in the versatile hunt and other related tests, training, and club activities.
Highveld Versatile Hunting Dog Club collects specific personal data from members, customers, website users, competitors, testees, judges, attendees, guests, judges, committee members, stewards and auxiliary assistants, whether they are residents of South Africa or any other country. The categories of persons about whom we process personal data are described in more detail in the Annex to this Privacy Notice.
4.1. Personal data / Information includes:
- certain information provided on registration as a member with us (see below),
- certain information collected on subscribing to our marketing communications,
- certain information that we collect automatically when you visit our website, and
- optional information that you provide to us voluntarily.
4.2. Personal data / Information excludes:
- information that has been made anonymous so that it does not identify a specific person,
- permanently de-identified information that does not relate or cannot be traced back to you specifically,
- non-personal statistical information collected and compiled by us, and
- information that you have provided voluntarily in an open, public environment or forum, including any blog, chat room, community, classifieds, or discussion board (because the information has been disclosed in a public forum, it is no longer confidential and does not constitute personal data/information subject to protection under this policy).
4.3. Sensitive personal data / Information
Highveld Versatile Hunting Dog Club may also collect sensitive personal information like your bank details where it is necessary to process refunds of cancelled paid orders or credits.
5. PERSONAL DATA / INFORMATION COLLECTED
5.1. Purpose for collection
Highveld Versatile Hunting Dog Club collect the information for contractual necessity in providing membership services and events. We may also use personal information for additional relevant and related purposes where you might reasonably expect us to do so, where the benefits of doing so are not outweighed by your interests or fundamental rights or freedoms. This may include:
- to create your account and register as a member,
- to maintain our records and other administrative purposes, including updating your details
- to assist with queries, complaints and dispute resolution,
- to assist with upholding our club constitution and taking action in cases where there may be
a breach of the Club rules or Codes of Ethics,
- to verify test and competition dog’s breed registration and ownership with the Kennel Union of South Africa, and other statutory data,
- to process quotes, purchases and entries,
- to register you for training, workshops, and other events,
- for communications related to membership and invitations to participate in events.
- to fulfil test and competition services,
- for registration on our Online Properties,
- for Club purposes such as internal audits, accounting, Club planning or other proposed and actual transactions,
- for legal purposes such as handling claims, complying with regulations, or pursuing good governance,
- to improve the products and services we offer, and
- otherwise, to better meet the needs and preferences of Highveld Versatile Hung Dog Club members.
5.2. Information provided
We receive your Personal Data / Information through interactions with us which may include:
- completing our Member Registration Form,
- completing our Training / Event Registration Form,
- submit registration documents needed for verification purposes,
- registering on, and using our Online Properties,
- requests for support,
- on ordering goods and services or,
- contacting us via email, fax, phone, or mail.
The Personal Data / Information we collect is described in detail in the Annex to this Privacy Notices. Once your register with our Online Properties and us, you will no longer be anonymous
5.2.1. When you contact us
When you contact us, you may be asked to provide certain personal data/information voluntarily. This may include:
- your name and Surname,
- your email address,
- your telephone numbers,
5.2.2. On order, requests for quotes
When you order any goods or services from us, you will be asked to provide us with additional information voluntarily (goods information or services information). Should you decide not to provide certain information, it may limit the use of the products and services available to you.
5.2.3. From browser
Please note that other websites visited before entering our website might place personal data/information within your URL during a visit to it, and we have no control over such websites. Accordingly, a subsequent website that collects URL information may log some personal data/information.
We may place small text files called ‘cookies’ on your device when you visit our website. These files do not contain personal data/information, but they contain a personal identifier allowing us to associate your personal data/information with a specific device. These files serve several practical purposes for you, including:
- tailoring our website’s functionality to you personally by letting us remember your preferences,
- improving how our website performs,
- allowing third parties to provide services to our website, and
- helping us deliver targeted advertising where appropriate in compliance with the applicable laws.
5.2.5. Third-party cookies
5.2.6. Web beacons
Our website may contain electronic image requests (called a single-pixel gif or web beacon request) that allow us to count page views and access cookies. Any electronic image viewed as part of a web page (including an ad banner) can be a web beacon. Our web beacons do not collect, gather, monitor, or share any of your personal data/information. We merely use them to compile anonymous information about our website.
5.2.7. Optional details
You may also provide additional information to us voluntarily (optional information). This includes content or products that you decide to upload or download from our website or when you enter competitions, take advantage of promotions, respond to surveys, order certain additional goods or services, or otherwise use our website’s optional features and functionality.
5.2.8. Consent to collection
We will obtain your consent to collect personal data/ information:
- in accordance with applicable law,
- when you provide us with any registration information or optional information.
Highveld Versatile Hunting Dog Club recognises the importance of protecting our members’ privacy, subscribers and visitors to our Online Properties. We value and want to maintain the trusting relationship we have with our members. We will not share or sell your personal data/information with any unaffiliated third parties with Highveld Versatile Hunting Dog Club or its services.
6.1. Information shared
We may share this information with:
- The Kennel Union of South Africa (KUSA),
- our committee members and employees that require personal data/information to do their jobs. Any of our committee members and employees that handle your personal data/information will have signed non-disclosure and confidentiality agreements and attended privacy and data protection training.
- Club partners – we may disclose aggregate statistics (information about the customer population in general terms) for marketing purposes
- Regulators, as required by law or governmental audit,
- Law enforcement if required:
- by a subpoena or court order,
- to comply with any law,
- to protect the safety of any individual or the general public,
- to protect Highveld Versatile Hunting Dog Club or third-party property rights, and
- to prevent violation of our terms of service.
6.2. Change of ownership
If we change ownership, or a merger with, acquisition by, or sale of assets to another entity, we may assign our rights to the personal data/information we process to a successor, purchaser, or separate entity. We will disclose the transfer on the website or per email. If you are concerned about your personal data/information migrating to a new owner, you may request to delete your personal data/information.
6.3. Unauthorised disclosure
We cannot accept any liability for unauthorised or unlawful disclosure of your personal data/information by third parties who are not subject to our control.
We take the security of personal data/information very seriously and always do our best to comply with applicable data protection laws. Once we receive your data, we use reasonable efforts to ensure the information you provide is secure and not readily available to unauthorised individuals or third parties. This may include storing your data in a secure server environment that uses a firewall and other advanced security measures to prevent interference or access from outside intruders and is only accessible to authorised and limited parties on a need-to-know basis.
In securing personal data/information, Highveld Versatile Hunting Dog Club utilises generally accepted technical and organisational measures to protect personal data against loss, misuse, or alteration throughout the collection, transmission, processing, and storage, including the physical security of our facilities. All Club websites are protected by Transport Layer Security (TLS 1.2) encryption protocol and are secured. We utilise security measures consistent with current best practices to protect its websites, email, and mailing lists. Please be aware that no data transmission over the Internet, or by other means, can be guaranteed to be 100% secure; therefore, you understand, acknowledge, and agree that you transmit certain personal information at your own risk.
When you register for access to our Online Properties, you will be provided with a username and password, giving you access to your online profile and personal information, which you may review and update. You are responsible for keeping your username and password safe and secure to protect against unauthorised access to your Online profile and personal information.
We use a PCI DSS Level 1 certified third-party payment service provider for online purchases to collect your credit card number and related information (e.g., expiration date, card verification code). The third-party payment service provider conducts the financial transaction in a secured manner by collecting your payment information through a secured Internet connection via SSL/TLS. The third-party provider will be solely responsible for all financial transactions and collecting, using, and storing your credit card (or debit card) information. All data required to be retained by the third-party payment service provider for compliance, legal, archiving, client support, or ongoing processing is retained for only as long as is absolutely required and in line with PCI-DSS compliance is erased and disposed of. Highveld Versatile Hunting Dog Club do not store your credit card (debit card) information on our servers.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We, therefore, have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Highveld Versatile Hunting Dog Club reserves the right to monitor your use of the Online Properties to determine if you are complying with our terms and the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate your access to the Online Properties.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purposes explicitly set out in this policy, unless:
- retention of the record is required or authorised by law.
- you have consented to the retention of the record.
We will continue to abide by our non-disclosure obligations during the retention period and not share or sell your personal data. Archived data will be securely stored.
We may retain your personal data in physical or electronic records.
9. TRANSFER OF DATA
Highveld Versatile Hunting Dog Club may use a third-party Cloud Solution Provider (CSP) to communicate with clients, service providers, and suppliers and collect, transmit, and store data with the CSP. As the Internet is a global environment, personal data may be stored on servers located outside the country in which it was collected. By using our sites and sending information to Highveld Versatile Hunting Dog Club electronically, you consent to international transmission of any personal information collected or processed through our sites and Online Properties.
Highveld Versatile Hunting Dog Club share with and transfers test scores, data, results and reports to the Kennel Union of South Africa who is the internationally recognised representative of the purebred dog in South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Lesotho and Swaziland and is the legally appointed Registering Authority and an Animal Breeders’ Society, registered in terms of the Animal Improvement Act, 62 of 1998 Act.
10. EXERCISING YOUR RIGHTS, UPDATING AND REMOVING
You have the right to transfer, delete, remove, correct, or update the personal data you have submitted to us.
You may correct or update the personal data you have submitted to us by contacting us via email or the available Online Properties.
You are entitled to a right to be forgotten. We will delete any personal data that you do not want us to have. If you are a data subject of our client (the Data Controller / Responsible Party), you must submit your request to the relevant Data Controller / Responsible Party, who will then delete your personal data/information. In most situations, previous test scores, data, results and reports are exempt from this right because they may be necessary to establish, exercise, or defend legal claims.
You also have the right to have your personal information transferred to others.
You have the right not to provide information to Highveld Versatile Hunting Dog Club; please note that this could impact our ability to provide products and services, and in most cases, you will not be able to register as a member, purchase or use any of our goods, services, or Online Properties.
All requests can be sent to the Information Officer at secretary@hvhdc,.co.za. We will respond to your request without undue delay within a maximum of 30 calendar days.
11. RESTRICTION OF PROCESSING
You may request that we restrict the use of your personal data. When we restrict your personal data, we still have the right to store it but not use it.
12. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
13. DATA BREACHES
We will notify our customers of any confirmed data breaches that have occurred. Our members and customers’ responsibility is to notify the relevant supervisory authority and any affected data subjects of the data breach.
Highveld Versatile Hunting Dog Club only sends advertising and promotional emails to those who have consented to receive such communications. You can “opt-out” of receiving advertising and promotional email from us by following the opt-out instructions in our email messages.
15. POLICY CHANGES
If you continue to use the website or our goods or services following notification of a change to the terms, the changed terms will apply to you, and you will be deemed to have accepted those updated terms.
Highveld Versatile Hunting Dog Club vows to protect the information as prescribed by the POPI Act. As far as the Club understands, all personal information is private and attended to according to the POPI Act.
The Club will measure the risk of breach of the POPI Act and actively manage the same daily.
17. CONTACT INFORMATION
This Annex sets out the Highveld Versatile Hunting Dog Club’s processing of personal data relating to members (including committee members), customers, website users, competitors, testees, judges, attendees, guests, judges, stewards and auxiliary assistants at our events: field trials, hunting and related tests, training classes, meetings and social functions.
Personal data / Information Collected and purpose
Personal data/information collected:
JUDGES, STEWARDS AND AUXILIARY ASSISTANTS
Personal data/information collected:
Personal data/information collected: